Total Comments: 2
Post a Comment
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 3 apples, peeled and diced
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup honey
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon candied ginger, diced
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup pecans, ground and toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine sugar and water in a large sauté pan and cook over high heat until sugar turns golden, 3 to 5 minutes. Do not stir until sugar starts to brown. Add apples and cook until they are tender and the caramel is soft, about 4 minutes.
- Combine butter, brown sugar and honey, mixing well on high speed. Add eggs one at a time, fully incorporating each one before adding the next. Add cooked apples and mix well. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, candied ginger and baking soda. Add half of flour mixture to egg mixture. Add sour cream and mix well. Add remaining flour mixture and pecans.
- Mix well and pour into a buttered 9x13-inch baking pan. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a pick inserted in the center comes out clean.