This fresh mixed berry pie is easy to whip up and a gorgeous addition to even the most formal table.Yield: 1 pie cut into 8-10 pieces
Difficulty Rating: Easy
Total Comments: 1
Post a Comment
- Combine berries in a large colander and gently rinse. Spread on a baking sheet lined with paper towels and gently pat dry.
- In a food processor, puree 2 ½ cups mixed berries for about one minute, until they’re smooth and fully pureed.
- Strain the puree though a mesh strainer into a non-reactive saucepan, scraping and pressing the seeds to extract as much puree as possible.
- Whisk sugar, cornstarch and salt in small a bowl to combine, and whisk mixture into the puree.
- Bring the puree to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. When the mixture reaches a boil and is thickened to consistency of pudding, remove it from the heat, stir in lemon juice, and set aside to cool slightly.
- While puree is cooling, place remaining berries in a medium bowl. Heat jelly in another saucepan over low heat until fully melted. Drizzle the melted jelly over the berries and toss gently to coat. Pour slightly cooled puree into a cooled pie shell and top with fresh berries. Loosely cover the pie with plastic wrap and refrigerate until the puree has set (3 hours or more).
- Serve with whipped cream.