This sweet and spicy appetizer is easy to put together and hard to resist.
Difficulty Rating: Easy
Nutritional Highlights: Cranberries are an antioxidant super-food and may boost HDL “good” cholesterol levels.Recipe From: Illinois Farm Bureau Partners
Total Comments: None
Post a Comment
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 3 medium green onions, finely chopped
- 1 small red jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh ginger root, peeled and finely minced
- ¾ pound Brie cheese at room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
Tips & Notes
Enjoy cranberries year round by buying extra bags of fresh, in-season cranberries to freeze in zippered plastic bags.
- Pulse the cranberries in a food processor until very finely chopped.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Stir in the green onions, jalapeno, sugar, salt, cilantro, lemon juice and ginger.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours. Stir occasionally.
- Remove the rind from the brie and put the cheese into a food processor with the cream cheese, pepper and lemon zest.
- Process until very smooth.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature one hour before serving.
- Serve with crackers and salsa on the side.