A perfect Southern side dish, this easy cornbread recipe has a hidden healthy addition: broccoli.
Difficulty Rating: Easy
Nutritional Highlights: Broccoli is rich in potassium, fiber, Vitamin A, C, K, and powerful bone health and cancer-fighting antioxidants.Recipe Created By: Kristen Winston Catering
Recipe From: Tennessee Home and Farm
Total Comments: 3
Post a Comment
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 sticks melted butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 ounces cottage cheese
- 1 package chopped broccoli, thawed
- 2 boxes corn muffin mix (such as Jiffy)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together eggs, butter, onion, cottage cheese and broccoli. Add corn muffin mix. Pour into a greased 12-inch cast-iron skillet.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Cut into wedges to serve.