Total Comments: 3
Post a Comment
- 4 tablespoons (½ stick) butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced (bottled minced garlic is OK)
- 3 (14.5-oz.) cans chicken broth
- 8 cups peeled butternut squash, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic in butter until soft.
- Add chicken broth and squash, and simmer until squash is very tender. A fork should go through easily.
- Let cool slightly. Use immersion blender and puree soup in the pot. Alternatively, puree soup in blender and return to pot. If soup seems too thick, add a little more chicken broth. Add herbs, sugar, salt and cream, and stir well. Serve warm.
- To make one day ahead, chill the soup and rewarm over medium heat before serving.