Get the beefy, peppery, cheesy taste of Philly cheesesteak in a different form: pizza! This dish is quick, easy and perfect for kids.Yield: 4-6 servings
Difficulty Rating: Easy
Nutritional Highlights: Bell peppers are filled with fiber, antioxidants and vitamin C.Recipe Created By: Mary Carter
Recipe From: Tennessee Home and Farm
Total Comments: 3
Post a Comment
- 1 pound flat iron steak, sliced very thin*
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 2 cups mozzarella or pizza cheese
- 1 pre-baked pizza crust
*Uncooked steak slices easily if placed in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
Tips & Notes
To freshen up a store-bought crust, season it with fresh garlic and olive oil or pesto, and bake for about 5 minutes before layering the other ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Saute onions and green pepper with 1 tablespoon olive oil in a heavy skillet. When onions are soft and begin to caramelize, spoon them into a bowl.
- Add the steak to the skillet and saute until just done, using tongs to even out the cooking.
- Place 1 cup cheese on pizza crust. Layer onion, green pepper and steak on top.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over all. Season according to taste with garlic, red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 15 minute, or until golden and bubbly. Serve immediately.