This delicious and healthy chilled melon soup is made with cantaloupe, honey and orange juice.Yield: 4 servings
Difficulty Rating: Intermediate
Total Comments: None
Post a Comment
- 3 cantaloupes, seeded and diced into large chunks
- 1 cup orange juice
- 5 ounces honey
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 2 ounces cornstarch
- Puree the melons in food processor or blender. Strain the melon juice into a saucepan.
- Add honey and orange juice.
- Bring to a simmer on low heat.
- Make a slurry by whisking the lemon juice into a small bowl containing the cornstarch. Slowly drizzle the slurry into the simmering soup, constantly stirring.
- Stir until thickened, chill and serve.
- Garnish with melon balls, fresh berries or fresh mint.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories – 309, Fat – 1.0g, Dietary Fiber – 3.4g, Protein – 3.6g, Vitamin A – 226%, Vitamin C – 278%.
**Nutrition information is calculated using an online calorie calculator. Variations may exist. Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet.