- 1¼ cups quinoa
- 2½ cups water
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1¾ cups sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1½ cups red apple, unpeeled and diced
- 1½ cups Granny Smith apple, unpeeled and diced
Tips & Notes
Try roasted Saigon cinnamon in this recipe for an enhanced flavor.
- In a large saucepan, combine quinoa and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until all water has evaporated and quinoa is cooked, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in cinnamon and salt. Pour into large mixing bowl and set aside.
- While quinoa cooks, heat canola oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add sweet potato and saute 5 minutes
- Add onion and saute an additional 3 minutes.
- Add apples and saute until sweet potato is slightly soft and apples are crisp-tender, about 4-6 minutes.
- Add cooked mixture to spiced quinoa and stir lightly to blend.
Nutrition Facts per Serving: Calories – 153, Total Fat – 4.1g, Sodium – 189mg, Total Carbohydrates – 26g, Protein – 3.7g **Nutrition information is calculated using an online calorie calculator. Variations may exist. Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.