Try this twist on traditional salsa using sweet corn, flavorful black beans and a tangy lime and cilantro dressing.Yield: 12 ½ cups (roughly 16 servings of ¾ cup each)
Difficulty Rating: Easy
Nutritional Highlights: In spite of its divisive nature – you either love or hate cilantro – it contains disease-fighting vitamin K and beta-carotene.Recipe Created By: Kim Galeaz
Recipe From: My Indiana Home
Total Comments: 8
Post a Comment
- 3 cups cooked, fresh sweet corn kernels (or 1 16-ounce bag frozen sweet corn kernels, thawed)
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1¾ cup red onion, diced
- 1½ cup green onion, chopped
- 1 very large red bell pepper, diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, finely minced
- 2 cups tomato, diced
Lime Cilantro Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup fresh lime juice
- zest of 1 very large lime
- 1½ tablespoons garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅔ cup cilantro, chopped
Tips & Notes
Two medium ears of corn yields about 1 to 1¼ cups corn kernels.
- Combine all salsa ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
- Whisk together olive oil, lime juice, lime zest, garlic, cumin and salt in medium bowl. Stir in cilantro.
- Pour over vegetables and toss lightly to thoroughly coat all ingredients. Chill several hours before serving. Refrigerate leftovers in covered container.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories – 239, Fat – 2.9g, Dietary Fiber – 9.8g, Protein – 13g, Vitamin C – 33%, Iron – 24%.
**Nutrition information is calculated using an online calorie calculator. Variations may exist. Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet.