Total Comments: 3
Post a Comment
- 2 cups unbleached self-rising flour
- ¼ cup shortening
- 1 cup cooked country ham, finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- ¼ cup milk or buttermilk
- 2 ½ tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup sour cream
Tips & Notes
Looking for something a little sweeter? Try our recipe for Sweet Potato Casserole Biscuits.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Measure flour into medium to large bowl.
- Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add ham, cheese, milk or buttermilk, and sour cream. Mix until well blended.
- Knead gently on lightly floured surface 2-3 strokes.
- Roll dough about ½ inch thick. Cut without twisting cutter.
- Bake on ungreased baking sheet for 8-10 minutes. Brush tops with melted butter or margarine. Serve warm.