Chicken broth replaces cream and butter for a low-fat take on a family favorite.
Difficulty Rating: Easy
Total Comments: None
Post a Comment
- 2 pounds Russet or Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- salt and pepper
Tips & Notes
Instead of flavoring with extra salt, use fresh herbs such as rosemary and thyme.
- Put potatoes in a large saucepan with chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and continue to cook until potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife – 15-20 minutes.
- Drain potatoes well, reserving broth.
- Mash or rice potatoes with ¾ to 1 cup of broth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories – 828, Fat – 6.6g, Dietary Fiber – 12.3g, Protein – 37.8g, Vitamin C – 276%, Calcium – 16%, Iron – 48%.
**Nutrition information is calculated using an online calorie calculator. Variations may exist. Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet.