Fire up the grill for fresh vegetables. This recipe is so versatile you can use any combination of veggies you find available.Yield: 6-8 servings of ½ cup each
Difficulty Rating: Easy
Nutritional Highlights: Each ½-cup serving contains 31 calories, 1 g protein, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fat, 2 g fiber and 169 mg sodium.
Recipe From: Illinois Farm Bureau Partners
Total Comments: 1
Post a Comment
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut into ¼-inch slices
- 1 medium zucchini, cut in to ¼-inch slices
- freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup low-fat Italian dressing
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, finely chopped, or 1 teaspoon dried basil
Tips & Notes
This recipe is so versatile you can use any combination of veggies you find available.
- Combine the peppers, yellow squash and zucchini in a bowl. Sprinkle with freshly ground pepper and mix gently.
- Whisk the Italian dressing, balsamic vinegar and basil in a bowl. Pour over the vegetables, tossing to coat.
- In a grill-safe vegetable pan, grill the vegetables over medium-hot coals for 10 to 12 minutes or until the desired degree of crispness.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories – 37, Fat – 0.4g, Dietary Fiber – 2.4g, Protein – 1.6g, Vitamin A – 54%, Vitamin C – 193%
**Nutrition information is calculated using an online calorie calculator. Variations may exist. Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet.