Total Comments: 3
Post a Comment
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1½ cups onions, chopped
- 2 cups leeks, chopped, white part only (approximately 3 medium leeks)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 4 cups cabbage, chopped
- 3 cups carrots, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 3 cups celery, chopped
- 3 quarts chicken or vegetable stock (homemade broth recipe)
- 2 (28-ounce) cans petite diced tomatoes
- 4 cups potatoes, diced
- 1 (10-ounce) box frozen corn
- 1½ teaspoons dried thyme
- 2½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Sauté onion, leeks and garlic until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add cabbage, carrots and celery, and continue to cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the stock, increase heat to high, and bring to a simmer. Once simmering, add the tomatoes, potatoes and herbs.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 25-30 minutes, or until vegetables are fork-tender.
- Add frozen corn, salt and pepper in last 5 minutes of cooking.