Turn garden-fresh veggies into gourmet grilled delicacies with a basil vinaigrette.
Difficulty Rating: Intermediate
Nutritional Highlights: High-fiber asparagus contains bone-building vitamin K along with many antioxidants.Recipe Created By: Kristen Winston Catering
Recipe From: Tennessee Home and Farm
Total Comments: 1
Post a Comment
- 8 zucchini and yellow squash (4 of each), cut crosswise into slices 1/2-inch thick
- 3 bell peppers, cut into slices
- 12 ounces fresh mushrooms, washed and dried
- 24 asparagus spears, trimmed
- olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
Tips & Notes
If you don't have all of these vegetables on hand, don't fret – you can omit, add or substitute almost any garden-fresh grilled vegetable. To try this recipe with eggplant, peel and slice it into rounds, and soak in cold water for 30 minutes. Then follow the same instructions as the squash and zucchini.
- Whisk vinegar, shallot, mustard, salt and pepper. Add oil slowly, stirring constantly. Add basil.
- Heat gas grill to medium high. Toss zucchini and squash with olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Grill with lid down for 2 minutes and open for 1 minute. Remove. Follow the same process for the peppers and mushrooms.
- Brush asparagus with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill with lid down 2 minutes and 1 minute with lid up. Remove.
- Arrange all vegetables on serving platter and drizzle with vinaigrette.