Combine frozen and fresh veggies with flavorful herbs for a simple, healthy one-dish vegetarian dinner or flavorful side dish.Yield: 4 servings
Difficulty Rating: Easy
Recipe From: Tennessee Home and Farm
Total Comments: 1
Post a Comment
- ½ pound penne pasta
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 1 bunch asparagus, use tips only (top 2 inches)
- 1 yellow or red bell pepper, julienned
- ¾ cup frozen green peas, thawed
- ½ cup mixed herbs (tarragon, parsley, chives, basil), roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Tips & Notes
You can substitute other frozen vegetables, herbs or types of pasta of your choosing (such as whole wheat penne).
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Rinse under cold water and set aside.
- Saute artichoke hearts, asparagus and bell pepper in olive oil until tender. Add peas and cook for an additional minute.
- Add pasta to the pan and toss with the lemon, herbs and Parmesan.
- Season with salt and pepper. Heat in pan until pasta is warm.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories – 474, Fat – 20g, Dietary Fiber – 9g, Protein – 16g, Sodium – 302mg, Carbs – 55g
**Nutrition information is calculated using an online calorie calculator. Variations may exist. Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet.