Sweeten up your popcorn this holiday season with cranberries and chocolate chips.
Nutritional Highlights: Cranberries are an antioxidant super-food and may boost HDL “good” cholesterol levels.Recipe Created By: Kristen Winston CateringRecipe From: Illinois Farm Bureau Partners
- 8 cups air-popped popcorn
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup white corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup pistachios, shelled and roasted
- Place popcorn in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine the water, sugar, corn syrup and butter in a heavy saucepan. Cook over moderate heat to 280 degrees (measure with a candy thermometer).
- Remove from heat and add the vanilla. Stir well and pour over the popped corn. Coat completely.
- Add the cranberries, chocolate chips and pistachios. Toss again.
- Cool completely. Break into pieces and store in an airtight container.
Recipe From: Farm Flavor - www.farmflavor.com
FEATURED RECIPE COLLECTIONS