No need to head to the grocery’s freezer section – make this summertime favorite right at home.Yield: 1/2 gallon
Difficulty Rating: Easy
Recipe From: Tennessee Home and Farm
Total Comments: 3
Post a Comment
- Combine first butter, salt, pecans and 1 tablespoon sugar, and spread on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Stir and roast 15 minutes longer; cool.
- Combine remaining sugars, cornstarch, syrup and eggs in top of double boiler.
- Gradually add milk.
- Cook over boiling water until mixture thickens. Remove from heat and chill two hours or overnight.
- Stir in toasted pecans, cream and vanilla.
- Place in ice cream freezer and freeze according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Allow to ripen in ice cream freezer or firm up in refrigerator freezer an hour before serving.