Fresh, juicy watermelon is a sure sign of summer. With tips on how to pick out a watermelon and lots of watermelon recipes, you should be set for the season. But to really impress your guests, bring out your inner food artists with these instructions on how to carve a watermelon bowl. Use it for a pretty presentation to serve fresh fruit.
- Choose a round, seedless watermelon.
- Wash the watermelon and pat dry.
- Use a dry erase marker to trace the design you want around the middle of the watermelon.
- Use a utility knife to carve the design.
- Split watermelon in half and carve out flesh with a scoop.
Fill with fruit and enjoy!