- Honey is sweeter than sugar, so reduce the amount by one-third to one-half of the required granulated or table sugar.
- Honey is up to 18% water, so you’ll also have to reduce the amount of liquids in the recipe by about one-fifth.
- Lower your oven temperature by 25 degrees F.
- If the recipe does not call for sour milk or sour cream, add a tiny pinch of baking soda to counteract the honey’s acidity, which can cause over-browning.
- Coat utensils with vegetable spray to prevent the honey from sticking to measuring cups or tablespoons.
- A 12-ounce container of honey equals one-cup.