Kick Kung Pao up a notch by adding juicy watermelon to this stir-fry dish.Yield: 6 servings
Nutritional Highlights: Watermelon are filled with antioxidants vitamin A and C, and they contain lycopene, a natural phytonutrient that may help reduce risk of prostate cancer.Recipe Created By: National Watermelon Promotion Board
Total Comments: 4
Post a Comment
Tips & Notes
Short on time? Buy pre-cut chunks of watermelon in the produce department.
- In a large heavy saute pan or wok, heat the oil over high heat.
- Saute the garlic for 30 seconds, and then add the shrimp. Stir-fry until the shrimp begin to cook and plump up.
- Add the peanuts and saute for another 30 seconds.
- Reduce heat to low and add the sauce. Simmer just until shrimp are cooked.
- Remove from heat. Stir in watermelon and serve immediately.