Puree sweet berries with fresh mint for a delicious sauce for lamb chops cooked on the grill.Yield: 4-6 servings
Difficulty Rating: Intermediate
Nutritional Highlights: Mint does more than make your breath fresh! It’s filled with powerful antioxidants to help protect against cancer and many other diseases. Plus, mint may help with digestive problems.Recipe Created By: Mary Carter
Recipe From: Tennessee Home and Farm
Total Comments: 5
Post a Comment
- 8-10 thick cut lamb chops
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
Berry Mint Sauce:
- Rub lamb chops evenly with garlic. Coat with olive oil, salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to grill.
- Sauté onion in olive oil in a medium saucepan until soft. Stir in berries, sugar and seasonings (reserving mint).
- Stir over medium heat until berries are mashed and mixture begins to bubble slightly. Set aside and cool.
- When cool, puree berry sauce in a blender or food processor. Add mint. Blend just until evenly distributed. Set aside.
- Grill chops to desired doneness. Serve sauce as a dip alongside the chops.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories – 386, Total Fat – 15.3g, Protein – 40.8g, Vitamin A – 13%, Vitamin C – 24%, Iron – 30%.
**Nutrition information is calculated using an online calorie calculator. Variations may exist. Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet.