The lemon balm adds just a touch of sour to these ultra-sweet cookies.
Difficulty Rating: Intermediate
Recipe From: Tennessee Home and Farm
Total Comments: 3
Post a Comment
- 2 tablespoons lemon balm leaves, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- whole lemon balm leaves for garnish
Tips & Notes
Lemon balm can be harvested 2 or 3 inches from the base of the plant, and each time it is cut it comes back with vigor.
- In small dish, combine first lemon balm and lemon juice, and press mixture with back of spoon to blend. In large mixer bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and lemon mixture. Gradually beat in flour and salt.
- Cover and refrigerate 3 hours or until firm. Roll in wax paper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. On wax paper, slice into slices about 1/8-inch thick.
- Place cookies on ungreased cookie sheet, and bake 8 to 10 minutes. Will brown slightly around edges.