Fire up the grill for these New York strip steaks, easily flavored with soy sauce, Worcestershire and ground mustard, and forgotten about overnight as they marinate.Yield: 2 steaks
Difficulty Rating: Intermediate
Recipe Created By: Kristen Winston
Recipe From: Tennessee Home and Farm
Total Comments: 2
Post a Comment
- 2 New York strip steaks (1 ½ inches thick, about 14 to 16 ounces each; the thickness is more important than the weight)
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons course ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Mix together marinade ingredients and pour over defrosted steaks. Marinate 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove the steaks from the refrigerator about 30 to 40 minutes before cooking.
- Heat grill to medium high, about 450 degrees.
- Place the meat on the hottest part of the grill. If at any time the grill flares up, move the steaks to the outside edge, returning them to the center when the flame dies down. Do not slide the steaks across the grill; gently pick them up with tongs. Grill steaks cooking each side twice for 3 minutes at a time (for a total cooking time of 12 minutes).