Heirloom tomatoes, cucumber and red onion combine for a tangy marinated side dish.Yield: 4 servings
Difficulty Rating: Easy
Nutritional Highlights: Tomatoes are filled with antioxidants vitamin A and C and contain lycopene.Recipe Created By: Kristen Winston
Recipe From: Illinois Farm Bureau Partners
Total Comments: 6
Post a Comment
Tips & Notes
• Tomatoes should be stored at room temperature; refrigeration dulls their flavor. Use within a week.
• Optional: Add ¼ cup sliced red onion.
- Mix oils, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper together.
- Slice tomatoes into quarters. Halve cucumber and slice into half moons.
- Pour dressing over tomatoes and cucumber slices. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Let stand at room temperature about 20 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories –275, Fat – 26.7g, Dietary Fiber – 2.0g, Protein – 1.8g, Vitamin C – 44%, Iron – 13%.
**Nutrition information is calculated using an online calorie calculator. Variations may exist. Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet.