Total Comments: 1
Post a Comment
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons instant espresso powder, slightly crushed
- 1 ¾ cups flour
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
Tips & Notes
The story behind these cookies goes that a Neiman Marcus customer asked for the recipe for the delicious cookie served in the tea room of the exclusive store, and later noticed that she had been charged – the story varies from $100 to $1,000 – for the recipe. The store insists that the story is made up. The truth is, the cookie is terrific, and the recipe is free.
- Cream the butter with the sugars until fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and the vanilla extract.
- Combine the dry ingredients and beat into the butter mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes, or 10-12 minutes for a crisper cookie.