Hearty lentils combine with chicken and garlic chili paste for a spicy, satisfying salad.Yield: 16 servings
Difficulty Rating: Easy
Nutritional Highlights: Per serving: 152 calories; 15g protein; 14g carbohydrates; 5g fiber; 4g total fat; 290 mg sodiumRecipe Created By: USA Dry Pea & Lentil Council
Total Comments: 1
Post a Comment
- 2 cups dry lentils, rinsed
- 1 quart water
- 2 tablespoons scallions, minced
- 2 cups cucumber, seeded and julienned
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons garlic chili paste
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- romaine lettuce leaves
- 4 cups cooked chicken breast, julienned
- In a medium saucepan, combine lentils and water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until lentils are tender, about 20 minutes. Drain, cover and chill.
- Combine scallions, cucumber, garlic, ginger, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, chili paste and sesame oil in a bowl. Mix well.
- Add dressing mixture to lentils. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on serving plates. Arrange the chicken over lettuce then spoon lentils over chicken.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories – 177, Fat – 3.4g, Dietary Fiber – 7.6g, Protein – 18.6g, Iron – 14%.
**Nutrition information is calculated using an online calorie calculator. Variations may exist. Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet.