Broccoli and cauliflower take on a whole new identity when cooked with high heat and only a little olive oil and seasoning.Yield: 4-6 servings
Difficulty Rating: Easy
Nutritional Highlights: Broccoli and cauliflower are rich in potassium, fiber, Vitamin A, C, K and antioxidants.
Recipe From: My Indiana Home
Total Comments: 2
Post a Comment
Tips & Notes
This recipe also works for roasting brussels sprouts. Replace the broccoli and cauliflower with 1½ to 1¾ pounds fresh Brussels sprouts, brown ends trimmed and yellow leaves removed, then toss with olive oil, salt and black pepper (no garlic or red pepper). Increase roasting time to 25 to 30 minutes or until sprouts are tender inside and slightly crispy on the outside.
Another substitution idea: Sweet potatoes or any winter squash. Simply roast seasoned sweet potato wedges or winter squash halves for 30 to 50 minutes or until soft and fork-tender.
- Preheat to 425 degrees.
- Toss broccoli and cauliflower in a large bowl with olive oil, salt and black pepper.
- Add garlic and crushed red pepper; toss well to thoroughly coat all pieces.
- Coat a shallow baking pan (10x15x1-inch jelly roll pan) with cooking spray and arrange vegetables in single layer.
- Roast 10 to 15 minutes or until slightly tender and beginning to brown but not burn.
- Stir all vegetables once during cooking time. Serve immediately.