Bake these hearty fall muffins for a filling breakfast or afternoon treat.Yield: 12 muffins
Difficulty Rating: Easy
Nutritional Highlights: Get your daily fill of vitamin C from the pears in this recipe and healthy antioxidants from the carrots.Recipe Created By: Pear Bureau Northwest
Total Comments: 1
Post a Comment
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 large firm, ripe pear (about 1¼ cup grated)
- 1¾ cups carrots, grated
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped, optional
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut
- ⅔ cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
SEE ALSO: Morning Glory Muffins Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a standard-size 12-cup muffin tin with liners.
- Combine all-purpose and whole wheat flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Stir well or sift together if lumpy.
- Measure grated pear and carrots into another bowl and add cranberries, nuts and coconut.
- Whisk oil, eggs and vanilla together until slightly lighter in color.
- Add wet ingredients to dry, folding gently until they are completely moistened and well distributed. Scoop batter into muffin liners
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until slightly darker around edges.
Nutrition Facts per Serving: Calories – 308, Total Fat – 17.6g, Dietary Fiber-2.4g, Protein – 5.1g, Vitamin A-55%, Iron-11%.
**Nutrition information is calculated using an online calorie calculator. Variations may exist. Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.