This simple but delicious crumble featuring fresh pears and dried cranberries will be a welcome addition to your holiday table.Yield: 8 servings
Difficulty Rating: Easy
Nutritional Highlights: Pears are sodium-free, cholesterol-free, fat-free and contain 190 mg of potassium. This recipe is also gluten-free.Recipe Created By: Pear Bureau Northwest, Carol Kicinski
Total Comments: 1
Post a Comment
- ½ cup pear nectar or apple juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon plus 1 small pinch kosher salt – use divided
- 5 medium pears, cored, peeled and cut into ¼-inch slices
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1½ cups finely ground blanched almond flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup almonds, sliced
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup grapeseed oil (or other neutral tasting oil)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 or 10-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the pear nectar or apple juice, lemon juice, cornstarch and a small pinch of salt.
- Add the pear slices and cranberries and gently toss. Pour into the prepared dish.
- In another large mixing bowl combine the almond flour, brown sugar, remaining ½ teaspoon of salt and sliced almonds.
- Add the vanilla and oil and stir with a fork until crumbly. Top the pears with the mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake for 10-15 minutes or until the topping is golden brown and the juices are bubbly.
- Serve warm.
Recipe courtesy of Carol Kicinski, www.simplygluten-free.com