Pineapples are carved and filled with strawberries or other in-season berries for a pretty presentation that also comes with a raspberry dip recipe.
Difficulty Rating: Easy
Nutritional Highlights: Pineapples contain enzymes with anti-inflammatory properties and may help alleviate joint pain.Recipe Created By: Kristen Winston Catering
Recipe From: Illinois Farm Bureau Partners
Total Comments: 1
Post a Comment
Tips & Notes
• Select fresh pineapples that seem heavy for their size, with dark-green greens. Avoid soft spots and dry-looking leaves.
• Use any fresh, in-season berries of your choosing.
- Whip cream cheese until smooth, then blend in preserves. Add milk, lemon zest and lemon juice, mixing well.
- In a separate bowl, whip cream with sugar until soft peaks form. Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture. Chill.
- Halve pineapple lengthwise, keeping the green leaves intact. Scoop out the flesh and cut into bite-size pieces, discarding tough core.
- Cut each strawberry in half. Fill pineapple “boats” with chopped fruit and serve with cream cheese dipping sauce.