Total Comments: None
Post a Comment
- 1 ½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup packed dark-brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees. Lightly spray two nonstick baking sheets with oil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda and salt until well combined. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, using a handheld electric mixer set at high speed, scraping down the sides of the bowl often with a rubber spatula to force the mixture into the blades, beat the brown sugar, granulated sugar and butter until the mixture resembles coarse bread crumbs (about 1 ½ minutes).
- In a small bowl, beat the egg, canola oil, corn syrup and vanilla. Pour into the butter/sugar mixture and beat until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and the chocolate chips. Using a spoon, stir just until a stiff dough forms.
- Using a heaping teaspoon for each, roll the dough into 1-inch balls. Place them 2 inches apart on the prepared sheets.
- One sheet at a time, bake for 10-12 minutes until the cookies are lightly browned.
- The cookies will seem soft, but they will crisp as they cool. Cool on the pan for 1 minute, then transfer the cookies to a wire cake rack to cool completely.