Total Comments: 1
Post a Comment
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 medium leek, thinly sliced
- ¾ cup dry white wine at room temperature
- 1 ½ cups Arborio rice
- 6 cups chicken broth or stock
- ½ teaspoon saffron
- 1 cup green peas (if fresh, lightly steam)
- 1 tablespoon each, minced parsley and chives
- 4 tablespoons grated Pecorino-Romano cheese
- Salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Add leek slices and cook until wilted. Remove leeks from pan.
- Add wine to pan and reduce until almost evaporated. Add rice, stirring to coat each grain. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add 1 cup broth. Cook rice, stirring, until broth is almost absorbed. Add the saffron and stir well. Add the remaining stock slowly until rice is tender, about 30 to 40 minutes from when first cup of stock was added.
- Stir in minced herbs, leeks and peas. Add remaining butter and cheese. Stir well and then let rest for 3-5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.