This spring side dish is delicious and easy to prepare.Yield: 8 servings
Difficulty Rating: Easy
Nutritional Highlights: High-fiber asparagus contains bone-building vitamin K along with many antioxidants.Recipe From: Illinois Farm Bureau Partners
Total Comments: 2
Post a Comment
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Tips & Notes
Choose bright green asparagus stalks with purple-tinged tips. Avoid wilted or limp stalks.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Wash asparagus and trim off tough ends. Place asparagus on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, rolling spears to coat evenly. Salt lightly.
- Roast until just barely tender, usually between 8 and 15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the spears.
- Drizzle with lemon juice and serve.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories – 27, Fat – 1.9g, Dietary Fiber – 1.2g, Protein – 1.3g.
**Nutrition information is calculated using an online calorie calculator. Variations may exist. Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet.