- 1½ pounds young kale, stems and leaves coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- ½ red onion, sliced very thin
- ½ cup vegetable stock or water
- salt and pepper
- ¹⁄₈ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and red onion, and cook until soft but not colored. Raise heat to high, add the stock and kale, and toss to combine. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove cover and continue to cook, stirring until all the liquid has evaporated. Season with salt and pepper and pepper flakes to taste, and add vinegar.
Nutrition Facts per Serving: Calories – 144, Total Fat – 11.7g, Sodium – 74mg, Total Carbohydrates – 18.8g, Protein – 5.9g **Nutrition information is calculated using an online calorie calculator. Variations may exist. Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.