Use produce from the farmers market – or your home garden – with this flavorful and fresh-tasting pasta dish.Yield: 6 servings
Difficulty Rating: Easy
Nutritional Highlights: Red bell peppers boost your immune system due to high vitamin A, C and antioxidant properties.Recipe Created By: Kristen Winston Catering
Recipe From: Illinois Farm Bureau Partners
Total Comments: 3
Post a Comment
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 ½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar, divided
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 8 ounces farfalle, cooked al dente
- 1 zucchini, julienned (diced into matchstick sizes)
- 1 summer squash, julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 2 heirloom tomatoes cored, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 2 cups)
- 1 (8-ounce) ball fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1 bunch basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oregano, minced
- ½ bunch parsley, minced
- Toss shrimp with lemon juice and one tablespoon oil. Cook in hot sauté pan until just done, being careful to not overcook. Cool.
- Whisk remaining oil and vinegar in small bowl. Add shallot, garlic and mustard. Combine remaining ingredients and toss gently with pasta. Add shrimp and top with minced parsley.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories – 465, Fat – 25.6g, Dietary Fiber – 3.7g, Protein – 27.0g, Vitamin A – 56%, Vitamin C – 75%, Calcium – 16%, Iron - 15%.
**Nutrition information is calculated using an online calorie calculator. Variations may exist. Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet.