Heirloom carrots are enhanced even more by the Italian flavors of sun-dried tomatoes, pepperoncini peppers, garlic and basil for a fresh, healthy side dish.Yield: 4 servings
Difficulty Rating: Easy
Nutritional Highlights: Carrots are filled with antioxidants vitamins A and C.Recipe Created By: Kristen Winston
Recipe From: Tennessee Home and Farm
Total Comments: 2
Post a Comment
- 1 pound heirloom carrots, peeled and sliced ¼-inch thick on the bias (at an angle)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chicken stock (substitute vegetable stock to make this recipe vegetarian)
- ½ cup pickled pepperoncini peppers, sliced
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup basil, chopped chiffonade style (in thin strips)
- Sauté garlic in olive oil just until light golden brown, then add the stock to the pan to prevent the garlic from burning. Add the carrots, season with salt and pepper, cover, and cook over medium- high heat for approximately 5 to 8 minutes until desired tenderness is reached.
- Uncover, and add pepperoncinis, sun-dried tomatoes and basil. Cook for 1 more minute just to warm the dish throughout. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories – 115, Fat – 7.4g, Dietary Fiber – 3.4g, Protein – 1.5g, Vitamin A – 381%, Vitamin C – 19%.
**Nutrition information is calculated using an online calorie calculator. Variations may exist. Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet.