Classic enchiladas are topped with a creamy, spicy sauce, along with black olives and cheese, in this easy one-dish dinner recipe.Yield: 5 servings (2 enchiladas per serving)
Difficulty Rating: Easy
Nutritional Highlights: Ground beef is filled with high-quality protein, zinc, vitamin B12 and iron.Recipe Created By: Tara Guider
Recipe From: Tennessee Home and Farm
Total Comments: 8
Post a Comment
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet (1.25 ounces) taco seasoning
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) cream of chicken soup
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 small can (4.5 ounces) green chilies
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 10 large flour tortillas
- 1 small can (4.6 ounces) sliced black olives
Tips & Notes
To be heart-healthy, choose ground beef that’s at least 90% lean. Check labels for the lean (90%) to fat (10%) ratio. 93/7 ground beef is even leaner. You could also substitute chicken or even black beans for the enchilada filling.
- Brown ground beef and drain. Add taco seasoning to beef as directed on package (add water as needed).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together soups, sour cream and chilies. Pour enough of this mixture (about half) to cover bottom of 9x13-inch glass baking dish.
- To make the enchiladas, place a large spoonful of ground beef mixture on a tortilla, and sprinkle some onion and shredded cheese on top. Roll as in a burrito, and put in baking dish seam side down. Repeat with remaining tortillas, laying them side by side in the dish.
- Pour remaining soup mixture over the enchiladas and top with sliced olives and remaining shredded cheese. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes, until bubbly.