Total Comments: None
Post a Comment
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 6 tablespoons tahini
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup jalpeno pepper, minced
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Tips & Notes
Stumped on the tahini? The ingredient is a Middle Eastern paste made from ground sesame seeds. Find it in your local ethnic grocery store.
- In a food processor or blender, puree chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, yogurt and oil until smooth, adding water as needed to make a creamy mixture. Transfer puree to a medium bowl.
- Add garlic, cumin, cayenne, jalapeno and bell pepper. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and chill 2-4 hours to allow flavors to blend. Garnish with cayenne pepper just before serving.