Looking for a simple side dish to use garden-fresh yellow squash? Try this straightforward version of fried squash.Yield: 6 servings
Difficulty Rating: Easy
Recipe Created By: Farming Feeds Alabama Cookbook
Total Comments: 114
Post a Comment
- 2 cups yellow squash, finely chopped
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- vegetable oil
SEE ALSO: How to Freeze Summer Squash and Zucchini
Tips & Notes
Optional: Garnish with finely chopped fresh chives, or try our recipe for Cajun Honey Mustard Sauce as a dip.
- In a large bowl, combine squash, onion, egg, salt and pepper. Mix well. Stir in flour.
- In a skillet, heat ½-inch oil over medium-high heat.
- Drop batter by tablespoonfuls into oil.
- Cook about 3 minutes per side or until golden brown, turning once.
- Drain croquettes on paper towels.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories – 100, Total Fat – 5.5g, Protein – 2.7g, Vitamin C – 14%.
Nutrition information is calculated using an online calorie calculator. Variations may exist. Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet.
SEE ALSO: More Summer Squash Recipes