Combine cayenne pepper and brown sugar for a unique take on traditional popcorn.
Difficulty Rating: Easy
Recipe Created By: Kristen Winston Catering
Recipe From: Illinois Farm Bureau Partners
Total Comments: 1
Post a Comment
- 5 quarts air-popped popcorn
- ½ cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- ½ cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Place popcorn in a large mixing bowl.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Allow mixture to boil for an additional five minutes, without stirring. Remove from heat and stir in baking soda, vanilla and pepper.
- Pour mixture over popcorn, in a thin stream and stir to coat. Spread coated popcorn on cookie sheets and bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Cool completely. Break into pieces and store in an airtight container.