A delicious way to turn a vegetable into a decadent dessert, this sweet potato cake features crunchy pecans and a sweet cream cheese icing.Yield: 12-16 servings
Difficulty Rating: Easy
Nutritional Highlights: Sweet potatoes are loaded with the antioxidant beta-carotene.Recipe Created By: Farming Feeds Alabama Cookbook
Total Comments: 20
Post a Comment
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1½ cups oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together sugar, eggs and oil. Add remaining ingredients one at a time, adding potatoes last.
- Coat 3 round 9-inch baking pans or 1 sheet cake pan with a nonstick spray. Spread batter into pans.
- Bake in round pans for 25 minutes or in a sheet cake pan for 35 minutes. Insert a toothpick in the center to determine doneness. Cool in pans before turning out for frosting.
- To make the icing, cream together butter and cream cheese. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Spread on cooled cake, spreading between layers and on sides and top for round layers or over the top and sides of a sheet cake.