Sweet potatoes, pork and seasoning combine as a flavorful combination over egg noodles in this hearty one-dish meal.Yield: 4 servings
Difficulty Rating: Intermediate
Nutritional Highlights: Lean pork is high in protein, B vitamins and a good source of potassium and zinc.Recipe Created By: Mary Carter
Recipe From: Tennessee Home and Farm
Total Comments: 4
Post a Comment
- Saute onion and sweet potato in a large heavy skillet with 1 tablespoon olive oil until they begin to brown. If sweet potato is hard and uncooked in the center, add ¼ cup water to skillet, stirring until water is absorbed and sweet potato is softened. If needed, this step can be repeated.
- In a medium saucepan, prepare noodles according to packet instructions. Lightly butter and toss noodles with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Add the pork and apples to the skillet, stirring often, until pork is evenly cooked and apples are softened.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, fennel seed, bouillon powder, herbs or red pepper flakes.
- Spoon pork mixture over buttered noodles.
Nutrition Facts per Serving: Calories – 572, Total Fat – 8.6g, Dietary Fiber- 6.3g, Protein – 43.0g, Vitamin A-193%, Vitamin C-24%, Iron-25%.
**Nutrition information is calculated using an online calorie calculator. Variations may exist. Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.