- 1 cup sweet potato, cubed
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 apple, cubed
- 1 pound pork tenderloin or boneless chops, sliced very thin
- 12 ounces hearty egg noodles (such as kluski or spaetzle)
- garlic powder salt and pepper, to taste
- Saute onion and sweet potato in a large heavy skillet with 1 tablespoon olive oil until they begin to brown. If sweet potato is hard and uncooked in the center, add ¼ cup water to skillet, stirring until water is absorbed and sweet potato is softened. If needed, this step can be repeated.
- In a medium saucepan, prepare noodles according to packet instructions. Lightly butter and toss noodles with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Add the pork and apples to the skillet, stirring often, until pork is evenly cooked and apples are softened.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, fennel seed, bouillon powder, herbs or red pepper flakes.
- Spoon pork mixture over buttered noodles.
Nutrition Facts per Serving: Calories – 360, Total Fat – 5.8g, Sodium – 88mg, Total Carbohydrates – 40.6g, Protein – 34.9g **Nutrition information is calculated using an online calorie calculator. Variations may exist. Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.