When the heat is too much to handle, cool off with this refreshing watermelon agua fresca drink recipe.
Difficulty Rating: Easy
Nutritional Highlights: Due to the natural sweetness of watermelon, minimal amount of additional sugar is required for this recipe. Try substituting with Splenda or the like for a calorie cut!Recipe Created By: National Watermelon Promotion Board
Total Comments: 1
Post a Comment
- 6 cups watermelon juice
- 1 cup watermelon, finely cut
- 7 cups watermelon, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 large lime, juiced
- mint sprigs, optional for garnish
Tips & Notes
Short on time? Buy pre-cut chunks of watermelon in the produce department.
- To juice the watermelon, cut a watermelon into large chunks. Puree the chunks in a blender or food processor, and then strain watermelon juice into a large serving pitcher.
- Add the finely cut and coarsely chopped watermelon to the pitcher. Stir in the sugar and lime juice.
- Garnish with watermelon wedges and mint. Serve chilled.