- 10 heaping cups watermelon, diced into ½- to ¾-inch cubes
- 1½ cups sweet white onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1½ cups cucumbers, finely chopped, peeled and seeded
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced (about 1 heaping cup)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced (about 1 heaping cup)
- ⅓ cup Italian parsley, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, finely chopped
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar*
- 1½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 1½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¾ teaspoon salt
*To ensure this recipe is gluten-free, use a GF red wine vinegar. (Heinz is one example, according to the manufacturer.)
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and toss lightly. Puree half the mixture, in batches if necessary, in a large food processor or blender.
- Transfer to another large bowl. Stir the remaining diced mixture into the pureed mixture.
- Serve immediately at room temperature or chill 1 hour before serving. Refrigerate watermelon gazpacho in a tightly covered container.
Nutrition Facts per Serving: Calories – 139, Total Fat – 4g, Sodium – 9mg, Total Carbohydrates – 25.9g, Protein – 2.6g **Nutrition information is calculated using an online calorie calculator. Variations may exist. Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.