Total Comments: 1
Post a Comment
- 1 ounce fine-quality or premium white chocolate, chopped
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup macadamia nuts, toasted lightly and chopped coarse
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Tips & Notes
The flavor and texture of these chewy confections are even better if they are allowed to rest overnight. Brownies keep for five days, layered between sheets of wax paper in an airtight container at cool room temperature. These brownies travel well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 9-inch-square baking pan, shaking out excess flour.
- In a double boiler or metal bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water, melt white chocolate and butter, stirring, until smooth and remove top of double boiler or bowl from heat. Cool chocolate mixture to room temperature.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla until thickened and pale. Add white chocolate mixture, and beat well.
- Into a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt and beat into chocolate mixture just until batter is combined well. Stir in nuts and chocolate chips and spread batter evenly in pan.
- Bake brownies in middle of oven 30 to 35 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean. Cool brownies completely in pan on a rack before cutting into 16 squares.