A warm, flavorful bacon dressing enlivens a healthy side salad.Yield: 4 servings
Difficulty Rating: Easy
Nutritional Highlights: Spinach is a veritable superfood filled with nutrients and antioxidants for your immune system, eyes, bones, heart, brain and skin.Recipe Created By: Kristen Winston Catering
Recipe From: Tennessee Home and Farm
Total Comments: 4
Post a Comment
- 10 ounces baby spinach
- 4 ounces bacon, cut into ¼-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 5 ounces grape tomatoes (about half of a package), sliced in half, lengthwise
Tips & Notes
- Place spinach in a large bowl.
- Fry bacon in medium skillet over medium heat until crisp, about five minutes. Remove, leaving grease in skillet.
- Return skillet to medium heat and add oil, onion, salt, pepper and sugar. Cook, stirring occasionally, two to three minutes or until onion is slightly softened.
- Add vinegar and swirl to incorporate.
- Pour warm dressing over spinach and toss gently to wilt. Sprinkle bacon over the salad, grate the eggs and top with grape tomato slices.
Nutrition Facts per Serving: Calories – 280, Total Fat – 21.4g, Sodium – 744mg, Total Carbohydrates – 6.9g, Protein – 15.8g **Nutrition information is calculated using an online calorie calculator. Variations may exist. Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.